Wisdom Teeth Removal From Your Dentists In St. Paul
Wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars that most people get in their late teens or early twenties. At Smile Quest Dental in St. Paul, we know that for some patients, these teeth come in without any problems while for others, wisdom teeth can cause a host of issues. Wondering if you should have yours removed? Read on!
What benefits are associated with having wisdom teeth removed?
There can be several benefits, depending on your unique oral needs. Among the most significant:
- Removing these teeth can help prevent the development of dental decay on the back surface of the molar teeth directly in front of them.
- Removing these teeth can help prevent gum disease. When third molars come in, they are often difficult to clean properly, which can lead to a buildup of bacteria that can cause tooth decay and gum disease.
- Removing wisdom teeth can help prevent infections. If these teeth become impacted (stuck under the gums), this can lead to a painful infection that may require antibiotics or, in severe cases, surgery.
Does everyone need to have their third molars removed?
Not necessarily. If your wisdom teeth are or have erupted without problems, you may be able to keep them. However, it’s best to have your mouth examined by our team to determine if leaving these teeth intact is the best long-term option for you.
Are you curious about whether your wisdom teeth need to be removed or are these teeth causing you pain? Call us today for an examination!
Contact Smile Quest Dental About Wisdom Teeth Removal Today
- Avoid oral issues caused by impacted teeth
- Prevent or eradicate pain
- Maintain your tooth alignment
- Create more space in your mouth
- Prioritize your oral health!